The University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH, United States
Healthcare, Clinical Research, Pharmaceutical, Research, Nursing, Education
Clinical Research Professional
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Essential Function - Under general supervision, provide technical support and assistance for a designated department, program, or central unit. Duties can span a broad range of activities, or be primarily focused within one or more areas of the clinical research spectrum.
• Study Coordination
• Plan and coordinate projects
• Design and implement evaluation tools for projects
• Coordinate lab and field work
• Coordinate the generation of data for proposals, reports, and manuscripts
• Perform routine physical/clinical procedures
• Nurse Coordination
• Coordinate nursing and patient care
• Actively participate in patient care and/or patient follow-up
• May serve as a resource person or act as a consultant within area of clinical expertise
• Perform routine and complex physical/clinical procedures
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of contract principles, federal regulations, laws and UC/UCPC policy and operating procedures.
• Work closely with UC and UC Health offices in negotiation of contracts, confidentiality agreements and amendments related to the conduct of research activities.
• Work with necessary parties to identify compliance, legal, IP and business/financial risk. Mitigate risk through working with physicians/faculty, divisions, legal and/or other departments.
• Prepare, develop, review and negotiate industry and sponsored research clinical trial budgets for consistency with UC/UCPC policies and operating procedures.
• Effectively negotiate budgets to obtain funding sufficient to successfully execute research as applicable.
• Maintain regulatory documentation
• Prepare IRB submissions
• Draft subject informed consents and consent comprehension tests
• Liaison with IRB and industry contacts
• Assist in drafting compliant advertisements
• Liaison with medical staff, University Departments, ancillary departments and/or satellite facilities
• Ensure research staff complete all requisite training
• Data Entry/Management
• Gather data
• Assist in development of reports
• Related other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline, or equivalent, preferred.
• One year related experience, preferably in an academic or clinical setting.
• For nursing-focused role, appropriate clinical procedural experience required.
• Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
• For nursing-focused role, current/valid RN license to practice in the State of Ohio required, and CR certification preferred.
_The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement._
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS
The University of Cincinnati
Website : http://www.uc.edu
The University of Cincinnati offers students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience. UC is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 43,000 students.