North Country Hospital
Acworth, GA, United States
Under general supervision, assists in planning, directing, and supervising the operations of Pharmacy for Pharmacy Services Inc. Assumes the responsibility for all pharmacy operations and staff in the absence of the Director of Pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: :
* Assists in planning and scheduling of work activities for the Pharmacy Department ensuring for the proper distribution of work assigned, the utilization of associates, and the optimization of services provided.
* Assists with hiring and training new staff; monitors staff performance and initiates problem solving and assists with corrective action as appropriate; may conduct annual performance management reviews.
* Assists with conducting periodic departmental meetings and in-service training; educates associates on pharmaceutical products and their uses as needed.
* Assists with the development of departmental policies and procedures; audits procedures for compliance.
* May coordinate services and process integration between Pharmacy, and Billing; assists with the preparation of operational budgets and monitors expenditures in accordance with budget guidelines.
* Maintains records of departmental activity; compiles and prepares statistical and financial reports and summary data as needed.
* Places orders for pharmaceutical products utilizing an automated pharmaceutical computer ordering system; reviews patient diagnosis and drug profiles; consults with physicians regarding unclear orders.
* Compounds prescribed drugs and other medicaments; fills, labels, records and dispenses prescriptions; provides drug information as needed.
* Verifies accuracy of completed medication orders; reviews patient drug profiles.
* May oversee the maintenance and purchase of pharmaceutical inventories; assists with setting up par levels to insure maximum efficiency and minimize overstock and excess inventory levels.
* Complies with all HIPAA policies specifically relating to patient confidentiality and release of information; maintains strict confidentiality on all client information; attends staff in-services and training.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Considerable knowledge of pharmaceutical principles and practices.
* Extensive knowledge of long–term care pharmacy practice.
* Considerable knowledge of drugs, their uses and possible adverse drug reactions.
* Considerable knowledge of Federal and State laws regulating pharmacy practice and the use of controlled substances.
* Knowledge of management techniques such as planning and budgeting.
* Ability to train and supervise pharmacy, and billing associates.
* Ability to communicate to others the types, uses, and potential effects of drugs.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow associates, administrators, patients, families, and physicians.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : :
* Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Georgia. Long-term care Pharmacy experience preferred, but not required.
EEO / M/ F/ D/ V/ Drug-Free Workplace
North Country Hospital